- Comfortable purchase and sale of foreign currencies via the IKO app anywhere in the world, with no additional fees – all you need is Internet access and cash in the account
- Foreign currencies are bought/sold between your accounts in PKO Bank Polski: personal account and the appropriate foreign currency account
- Attractive exchange rates: EUR, USD, GBP, CHF, DKK, NOK, SEK, CZK, HRK, HUF
- Notifications about a preferred exchange rate in the IKO app will allow you to buy a foreign currency at the best time.
- Full synchronisation between your accounts in PKO Bank Polski - the exchanged currency is transferred to your foreign currency account in PKO Bank Polski; you can use it to pay with your multi-currency card
- Safety of your money in accounts held with PKO Bank Polski is guaranteed by the Bank Guarantee Fund
You don’t have a foreign currency account yet?
In order to exchange a foreign currency you need to have a personal account and an appropriate foreign currency account in PKO Bank Polski. Maintaining a foreign currency account costs you nothing if it is linked to a multi-currency card.
How to activate Currency exchange in IKO?
To use Currency exchange you need active IKO application - if you don't own it, check how to download and activate it.
1. Click the menu icon in the top left corner, then click Currency exchange.
2. Read the statements and accept them by checking the appropriate boxes. Here you can also update your e-mail address.
3. Then click Next and enter the IKO app PIN to confirm the currency exchange activation.
How to exchange currency in IKO app?
If you already have an active foreign exchange functionality, follow the steps below after logging into IKO:
1. In Currency Exchange, in the New Transaction tab, choose whether you want to buy or sell the currency and select the respective currency pair (e.g. EUR for PLN).
2. Enter the preferred amount and choose the accounts between which you want to make the transaction and then click the Next button. Remember that you need to have a foreign currency account in PKO Bank Polski in the currency that you want to exchange.
3. you have 10 seconds to complete the exchange at the specified rate and finish the transaction by selecting Confirm. If you fail to exchange the currency in time. click Refresh and try to exchange the currency again at the currently applicable rate.
Currency exchange is available for PKO Bank Polski (not Inteligo) clients, who are using at least 3.115.XX version of IKO app on Android system.
To use Currency exchange you need access to the internet - it may lead to extra fees for the data transmission.