Temporary card lock
For the cautious and the careful, for the forgetful and the distracted: we recommend a temporary card block.
When can the temporary card block be useful?
- when you go to a gym/ a swimming pool and have to leave your wallet in a locker;
- when you stay at a hotel and there is no safe-box and you leave your pay cards in the room;
- when you have no certainty if your card was lost and want to gain some time to find it - instead of immediately blocking it and then waiting for several days for a new one;
- always when there is even a shadow of a risk that somebody unauthorised may use your card.
You can temporarily block every active debit and credit card of PKO Bank Polski, including Inteligo (does not refer to cards to corporate accounts) - it is enough that you are its holder.
What types of payments can be blocked?
- Payments in stores and on the Internet
- Withdrawals from ATMs
- Deposits in cash deposit machines
- Adding the card to the Internet wallet (e.g. PayPal, uPay, MasterPass)
- Contactless payment with your telephone, provided the temporarily blocked card was the source of funds
The temporary card block does not include operations which do not block money on your account on-line, i.e. contactless payments without PIN.
What is the cost of a temporary card block? Does it affect the costs of other fees and commission?
Temporary card block is free of charge, yet remember that turning the temporary card block on does not affect the amount of fees for the card, in particular the monthly fee, if such fee is applicable in reference to your card.
What is the cost of temporary card lock?
Does it affect the costs of other fees and commissions? The service is free, although enabling the temporary card lock does not affect the way the card fees are charged. In particular, the monthly fee is still charged even if the card is temporarily locked, provided that such a fee is provided for in the Tariff of fees and commissions.
How does the temporary card lock work?
- You can turn the service on and off via Internet banking, i.e. IKO, iPKO/ Inteligo or via the telephone banking service - the hotline.
- You can decide about the duration of the block. We can give you as much time as you need.
How to apply a temporary card lock in IKO?
1. Go to My Bank section.
2. Go to Cards and choose the card block icon. You can also go to the temporary card block in the context menu in the details of your card.
3. Enter your PIN to IKO to confirm the card lock.
4. The information on the status of the locked card (Temporarily locked) appears by the name of the card in the card list and in the card details.
How to disable the temporary card lock in IKO?
1. Go to My Bank section.
2. Select the Cards tab. Select the cards lock icon. You can also go to the temporary card block in the context menu in the details of your card.
3. Enter your PIN to IKO to confirm the card unlock.
4. The information on the disabled lock appears by the name of the card.
How to apply the temporary card lock in iPKO Internet service?
1. Go to “Cards” and choose your card.
2. Expand the card details and choose “Block temporarily” in the status. You can also use the “Short-cut” option after choosing the “Block temporarily” option.
How to temporarily unblock a blocked card via iPKO?
1. Go to Cards and choose your card.
2. Expand the card details and choose Unblock in the status. You can also use the “Short-cut” option after choosing Unblock. We will ask you to confirm unblocking with an authorisation tool..
How to apply a temporary card lock via hotline?
Call 800 302 302 (no charges for domestic numbers in the area of Poland; in other cases - charges in line with the operator's tariff) or +48 81 535 60 60 (charge in line with the operator's tariff) and speak to the consultant.