Depending on the highway section, in the IKO application, you can use the automatic toll or buy an e-highway ticket in the e-TOLL system
Automatic journeys are currently available:
- on the A1 highway (Toruń-Gdańsk)
- on the A4 highway (Katowice-Krakow)
The highway e-tickets are currently available:
- on the A2 highway (Konin-Stryków)
- on the A4 highway (Wrocław-Sośnica)
How to use automatic tolls?
- All you have to do is select specially marked gates and slow down
- You do not need to open the window, show the card or look for change - the toll will be charged automatically, just add the vehicle data in IKO
How to buy the e-TOLL highway e-ticket?
- Buy the highway e-ticket at IKO before entering the toll section of the A2 Konin-Stryków and A4 Wrocław-Sośnica highways - the highway e-ticket will be valid for 48 hours from the declared date and time of the journey or until the end of the journey on the indicated section
- You don't need to install or register for additional applications
- Traveling on toll sections of highways where the e-TOLL system is in force is without barriers
How to use automatic tolls for highways?
1. Add vehicle in IKO:
2. Drive to the special gates on the highway and slow down so that the camera can recognize your vehicle:
- More → Services → Highway tolls → Vehicles → icon with a plus
- Link the account from which payments will be collected
3. The gate will open automatically and we will collect the toll from the account after leaving the highway (completing the journey).
- on A1 - with the AmberGO gate marking
- on A4 - gates marked with a black camera on a yellow background
How to buy the e-TOLL highway e-ticket?
1. In IKO, select: More → Services → Highway tolls → Current → Buy highway e-ticket.2. Select a vehicle → Select a highway → Place of entry and exit → planned date and time of entry.3. We will charge the fee automatically from your account.
Additional information about the Road Toll:
- You can add any number of vehicles to the service, assign them with names and accounts from which the road tolls will be automatically debited.
- You can also change or correct the data about your vehicle, as well as remove it from the list.
- The vehicle that you are adding does not have to be registered in your name.
- When adding a vehicle, you can immediately decide if you want to receive an invoice.
- In the History section you will find all the paid for road tolls.
Questions and Answers
What do I need to use the Highway Tolls function?
To use the function, just add a vehicle in the IKO application.
How do automatic charges work?
When driving close to the specially marked gates, slow down for the system to read the car's registration number. After the registration number is positively read, the gate will automatically open. There is a sectional toll collection system on the A1 highway (the toll is collected after passing the exit gate). However, on the A4 highway, tolls are calculated in an open system, i.e. for each passage through one of the two toll gates.
Do I need internet access when passing through the gates on the highway?
You do not need internet access to use the highway.
Is IKO to be turned on while driving through the gates?
Not. IKO does not have to be turned on during the journey.
- What should I do if the barrier does not automatically raise at the entrance, despite the correct registration of the vehicle in the service?
- In this case, you have to collect the ticket in the traditional way and pay for the journey (in cash or with a payment card). No fees will be charged at IKO.
What should I do if the barrier does not automatically open on exit?
This can happen in 2 cases:
- If you are at the automatic gate without the collector - you need to press the SOS button and wait for the help of the collector who, based on the number plate numbers, will complete the journey in the system.
- If you are at the gate with a collector - you have to let him know that the journey was paid in the IKO application, and he will finish the journey in the system on the basis of the license plates.
For which vehicle categories can I use automatic tolls?
- Category 1 - A vehicle with two axles without tandem wheels and not towing a trailer.
- Category 2 - A vehicle with two axles of which at least one is fitted with dual wheels.
- Category 2A - A vehicle with more than two axles in total, without dual wheels.
- Category 3 - A vehicle or combination of vehicles with three axles having double wheels on at least one axle.
- Category 4 - A vehicle or combination of vehicles with more than three axles which have double wheels on at least one axle.
- Category 5 - A vehicle or a combination of vehicles that are not vehicles from categories 1 to 4, in particular non-standard vehicles, defined in the provisions of the Road Traffic Law.
What is the highway e-ticket in the IKO mobile application?
It is one of the payment methods for the A2 Konin-Stryków and A4 Wrocław-Sośnica section of the highway, which is available for light vehicles (passenger cars, motorcycles and vehicles with a total weight of up to 3.5 tons).
Do I have to additionally register in the e-TOLL system to buy an e-highway ticket in the IKO application?
You do not need to additionally register or download the e-TOLL PL application - you just need to buy an e-highway ticket at IKO.
I have another e-TOLL payment application active - what do I need to do?
If you are using another application to operate the e-TOLL system, you just need to uninstall it or disable the option of charging by localization.
Can I buy a highway e-ticket in advance?
Yes, you can purchase a highway e-ticket 60 days in advance of the scheduled start date and time.
Can I buy a highway e-ticket after leaving the section?
If you drove a section on the A2 Konin-Stryków highway or on the A4 Wrocław-Sośnica highway without a highway e-ticket purchased and you were not fined during the inspection for this reason, you can purchase a highway e-ticket up to 3 days after the end of the journey, indicating the data of the completed trip.
How long is the highway e-ticket valid?
The highway e-ticket will be valid 48 hours from the declared date and time of commencement of the journey or until the end of the journey on the indicated section of the highway.
Can I return the purchased highway e-ticket?
Yes, but only before the declared date and time of the start of the journey.
For which vehicle categories can I buy a highway e-ticket in the IKO application?
the highway e-ticket is a mandatory form of payment for passenger vehicles and motorcycles with a maximum permissible weight of up to 3.5 tons
Is the service available for vehicles registered outside Poland?
The service is available for vehicles registered in the following countries:
- On the A1 Toruń-Gdańsk highway: Poland, the Czech Republic, Denmark, the Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, Great Britain
- On the A4 Katowice-Kraków highway: EU Member States and Ukraine
- On the A2 highway Konin-Stryków and on the A4 highway Wrocław-Sośnica: all countries
How can I add another highway to my vehicle?
Select: More → Highway Tolls → Vehicles, select a vehicle → Edit vehicle → Select highways
Can several vehicles use one IKO application?
Yes. In one IKO application, you can add several vehicles and connect different accounts to them for settlements. For example, an individual account for a private vehicle, and a different account for a commercial vehicle.
Can several people have the same vehicle added in their IKO applications?
Not. One vehicle can be added at a time only to the IKO application assigned to one person.
Can I get an invoice and how?
You can only receive invoices for trips with automatic tolls. We do not issue them for the purchase of highway e-tickets in the e-TOLL system. To have invoices for automatic journeys, complete the invoice details when registering/editing the vehicle details. We generate invoices automatically, separately for each ride, and make them available in the details of the journey, in the History tab.
Are vehicles with a trailer supported?
Yes, just change the vehicle category in the Vehicles edition.
In case of the A2 Konin-Stryków and A4 Wrocław-Sośnica highways, if the vehicle with a trailer reaches a total weight of more than 3.5 tons, it is not possible to purchase a highway e-ticket. In this case, an electronic toll must be made in the e-TOLL system, on the same terms as for heavy vehicles.
Does the vehicle I am adding have to be registered as mine?
The vehicle you are adding does not need to be registered as yours.
Terms and Conditions of the Highway Toll service / Regulamin usługi Opłaty za autostrady